Monday, July 10, 2006


How much do you love yourself?

Some days, depending on the outfit, I feel like a heifer. Some days my hair is too nappy, my lips are too big, my legs are not long enough etc. I, like every woman, could go on for days about my "imperfections", but overall I like myself pretty much. And if I had the opportunity I would change very little about me. I have accepted that scar above my eye that I received as a kid in Virgina and my big butt passed on from Geneva and Ellis. If the opportunity presented itself, I would tuck my tummy and lift my breasts, but that is my persoanl choice. But I did not start this to get on a plastic surgery rant. I wanted to share a story with you all.
Its about a young woman who did not think enough of herself to think that she could be loved. We al know one girl like this. The one that makes excuses for the man that hits her. Or the young lady who decided to sell her body to make money, not to take care of a child but becuase she likes to shop. Or the chick that is so miserable in her own life that she wants to ruin the ones around her with lies and scandal. I haven't always been the person that I am today and I didn't take care of me like I should. I expressed my disappointment in me by being reckless in my behavior, having one too many drinks, and flirting with disaster, but someone gave me a good piece of advice that I want to pass on. If you want someone to treasure you, you must treasure yourself first. People see what you show them. If you don't love you, why should they love you? I took that to heart and when I did my life changed. It is okay to expect good things for yourself and don't let anyone tell you any different.
So the lesson for today - SELF LOVE: Try it, it works wonders

1 comment:

AssertiveWit said...

as I told this one guy, I speak highly of myself because I want others to do the same...it is true, you only GET BACK what you put out there for others to receive. I now leave you with a quote from a song called #1, by Mr. Williams, because if you don't think you are the shit no one else will:

"She may be nothing to you but she the shit to me" (as said by Mr. West in #1)